1. Form Shooting – Form shooting is one of the best ways to improve not only the mechanics of your jump-shot but also increase your FG%. Start with just one hand right by the hoop & work your way up to using both hands right by the hoop. You will see an improvement in your touch if you do this regularly.
2. Ball Handling – Ball handling is one of those things where the more you do it, the more your control & feel for the ball improves. Do ball wraps, 2 ball drills and different full court dribbling moves that simulate someone guarding you.
3. Play Someone 1v1 – Steve Nash used to play 1v1 before and after every National Team practice. Find someone who also came early or better yet make plans with someone to come early and play different games of 1v1. Limit dribbles in some games or play in restricted areas to simulate game conditions.
4. Partner Shoot – Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Its always easier to get lots of shots up with someone rebounding for you. Take turns shooting 10 shots each from mid-range, 3 and shot-fake one dribbles from different spots on the court.
5. Work On A New Move – Clipper Ast. Coach Kevin Eastman has a “Theory of Two.” It takes two minutes to show you, two weeks to be comfortable & two months to use it in a game. Work on a specific move that you would like to implement into your game. You could even use video on youtube to make sure your doing the move right.
6. Free Throws – Shoot FT’s but make them game-like. Take 5 “1 and 1’s,” if you make the first one you get the second one. Try to make 7 out of 10 or make yourself run 2 sprints full court there and back.
Comments are closed.