winter training academy
Help your child improve their performance.
Outline: We are excited to announce the information for our Winter Training Academy. DRIVE will be offering our TA program in Richmond, Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, New West, Langley & White Rock. Space is limited for each location, register today to save your spot.
Description: A very popular program! Athletes develop the fundamentals while improving their overall skills. Players can choose 1, 2 or 3 days per week to attend. Open to male & female athletes ages 5-15 years. The Training Academy will allow athletes to advance as they progress with their skills, athleticism & confidence.
Program Guidelines: We have made some important changes to follow the recommended guidelines to keep everyone safe. We will be focusing on skill development in small group setting. Our programs will be offered in limited capacity. You will learn the fundamentals of shooting, passing, triple threat, scoring moves and more. You will be taught the game in a fun and competitive learning environment while maintaining proper social distancing rules.
*** Registering Multiple Kids and/or for Multiple Camps? Please contact us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or by phone (604-670-4340) to receive the 15% discount.
The discount will apply to the second player in the same household and/or the second event, so please register the first player or for first event prior to contacting us to receive the discount code to expedite the process***
DRIVE Basketball Training Academy – Locations
1. Richmond Olympic Oval – Richmond
6111 River Road. Richmond, BC. V7C 0A2
3. John Volken Academy (JVA) – Surrey
6911 King George Blvd, Surrey, B.C. V3W 5A1
4. Christine Sinclair Community Centre – Burnaby
3713 Kensington Ave. Burnaby , BC. V5B 0A7
5. Hillcrest Middle School – Coquitlam
2161 Regan Ave, Coquitlam B.C. V3J 3C5
6. Parkland Elementary School – Coquitlam
1563 Regan Ave, Coquitlam B.C. V3J 3B7
7. Douglas Elementary School – White Rock (Friday Sessions)
17355 2nd Ave. Surrey, BC V3S 9P9
8. Pacific Heights Elementary – White Rock (Sat/Sun Sessions)
17148 26 Ave, Surrey, BC V3S 0A4
9. Glenbrook Middle School – New West
701 Park Crescent Street, New Westminster B.C.
Richmond LocationWinter Training Academy
Location: Richmond Oval
1 day/week - $350.00
2 days/week - $650.00
3 days/week - $900.00
Langley LocationWinter Training Academy
Location: Langley Event Centre
Sat/Sun Group 1: 900am-1030am
Sat/Sun Group 2: 1030am-12pm
Fridays - $350.00
Sat or Sun - $300.00
Surrey LocationWinter Training Academy
Location: John Volken Academy
1 day/week - $300.00
2 days/week - $550.00
3 days/week - $800.00
White Rock LocationWinter Training Academy
Friday Location: Douglas Elementary
Sat/Sun Location: Pacific Heights
1 day a week - $350.00
2 days a week - $650.00
3 days a week - $900.00
Burnaby LocationWinter Training Academy
Location: Christine Sinclair C.C.
1 day/week - 275.00
Coquitlam LocationWinter Training Academy
Friday Location: Parkland Elem.
Saturday Location: Hillcrest
Fridays 5-630pm and 630-8pm
Costs - Varies per location
New West LocationWinter Training Academy
Location: Glenbrook Middle School
1 day/week - $300.00
DRIVE Basketball – Return to Play Safety Plan:
– All coaches and players will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the gymnasium
– All players will be required to have a thermometer check upon entering the gymnasium
– If one has any flu like symptoms, they are required to stay home
– If a player shows symptoms during a training session, they are to report that to their coach and a self-isolation plan will be implemented. Parents will be contacted immediately.
– Players will be encouraged to come to the gymnasium in their basketball gear as the changing rooms will be off limits.
– Players will be required to bring their own basketballs and water bottle
– There will be limited sharing of equipment
– There will be limited space to still practice social distancing as much as possible.
– Parents will not be allowed to enter the gymnasium to limit overall numbers.
– Coaches have been trained on monitoring participants to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
Cleaning & Disinfecting the Gym
– DRIVE Staff will make sure the gym gets cleaned after each use. This includes wiping down the balls and any chairs/benches.
– DRIVE Staff will be wiping down the doors we use for entering and exiting the gym.
– Extra hand sanitizer stations will be provided in the gym for players and staff.