DRIVE SUMMER CAMPS - 2020
Your guide to becoming a better player.
We are thrilled to announce the details of our Award winning Summer Camps for 2020. Our Summer camps will run in Richmond, Surrey, Abbotsford and Langley (NEW) and the information to register has now been posted online. Space is limited for each location, register today to save your spot.
Summer Camp Outline: We have made some important changes to follow the recommended guidelines to keep everyone safe. We will be focusing on skill development in small group setting. We will also be offering 2hr camps as recommended by the return to sport guidelines. Our camps will be offered in limited capacity. In this 5 day camp you will learn the fundamentals of shooting, passing, triple threat, scoring moves and more. You will be taught the game in a fun and competitive learning environment while maintaining proper social distancing rules.
Outdoors Camps: We are excited to offer weekly outdoor Summer Camps all of July and August in 2 locations this summer. Our outdoor Basketball Camps will be run at Cloverdale Rec Centre (Langley) and at Fraser Heights Rec Centre (North Surrey). These camps will follow the same format as our indoor camps but ill be offered in an outdoor setting. The info to register is listed at bottom of page.
** Registering Multiple Kids and/or for Multiple Camps? Please contact us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” to receive the 15% discount**
Payment is done online through our website. Read instructions below to register and pay. All Campers receive a DRIVE T-Shirt for each camp that they attend.
How to Register: (Click on tab listed below on the tables)
Choose a location. Click on the Register Here button next to the week you want to register for. You will register one week at a time. Don’t worry, the system saves all your information so it will only take a couple of clicks to register for additional weeks. We will refund campers if they are unable to attend the program.
DRIVE Summer Camp Locations (5)
2940 Clearbrook Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 2Z8
DRIVE Basketball – Return to Play Safety Plan:
– All coaches and players will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the gymnasium
– All players will be required to have a thermometer check upon entering the gymnasium
– If one has any flu like symptoms, they are required to stay home
– If a player shows symptoms during a training session, they are to report that to their coach and a self-isolation plan will be implemented. Parents will be contacted immediately.
– Players will be encouraged to come to the gymnasium in their basketball gear as the changing rooms will be off limits.
– Players will be required to bring their own basketballs and water bottles
– There will be no sharing of equipment
– There will be a ratio of six players to one coach in the gymnasium
– Parents will not be allowed to enter the gymnasium
– Coaches have been trained on monitoring participants to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
Cleaning & Disinfecting the Gym
– There will be DRIVE Staff designated to make sure the gym gets cleaned after each use. This includes wiping down the balls and any chairs/benches As well we will be that our staff uses.
– DRIVE Staff will be wiping down the doors we use for entering and exiting the gym.
– Extra hand sanitizer stations will be provided in the gym for players and staff.